Monday, April 19, 2010

Everything is Coming Up Roses!

I have been so inspired by roses lately because when you look outside to my back patio all I see is roses. It is the beginning of the first bloom of Spring.It seems like every branch has a bloom on it ready to open. Sorry that it is so hard to tell this by the picture.


I was so excited when I saw the new Island Floral Bigz Die in the new summer mini catalog. A flower shape just like the one on the Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch only bigger... I can make a bigger roses! WOW WEE I thought, it was the first thing on my list.

Since Mother's Day is coming up I wanted to focus on doing a few projects towards that. I found these unfinished wooden frames at Michaels craft store, Decoupaged Bella Bleu DSP on it, added two roses and a bud. Notice the different size rose? The one on the left along with the bud is done with the "Extra Large Fancy Flower Punch" and the one on the right is done with the Island Floral Bigz Die.

Here are two close ups one from the front and one from the side


Sorry this die is not available to non-demonstrators until May 1st in the "Summer Mini Catalog". Make sure you get your hands on this one!

Thank you so much for stopping by today. Have a fabulous day!

2 comments:

  1. Your flowers arebeautiful....both paper and real! Thanks so much for the instructive tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice job Julie with the new big die - way to go!

    ReplyDelete